Thursday, June 11, 2009

4 points in the library

Each time, it is a different route in the library. Along with the familiar, I try out random selections. I usually start and stop near the beginning. Wish I knew what takes me further at times.

Match the following lists:

(1) Introduction:

…(devotion) is defined as ‘absolute love’…to distinguish devotion from the several shades of relativistic love, such as in the cases of conditional appreciations, sentimental affectations and blind infatuations or various kinds of obligatory relationships that are cultivated between people of the same family, tribe, clan or other closed groups.

(2) Epigraph on the title-page from A Tale of Two Cities:

‘You had abandoned all hope of being dug out?’
‘Long ago.’
‘You know that you are recalled to life?’
‘They tell me so.’
‘I hope you care to live?’
‘I can’t say.’

(3) Introduction:

…philosophy of enlightened laissez-faire…liberty which was based on self-knowledge and responsibility.


(4) Introduction:

No index has been prepared for this book…as treated here is so entirely a matter of combination that no index which would be of value could be compiled. It is for this reason that it is omitted.

(A) Letters to Penthouse
(B) The Laws Of Scientific Hand Reading by William G. Benham
(C) Love and Devotion by Nitya Chaitanya Yati
(D) Recalled To Life by Reginald Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment